Full form of LG– The full form of LG is Lucky Goldstar. LG Electronics is a global company based in South Korea and its headquarters is in Yeouido, Soeol, South Korea.
We often confuse with full form LG, most of us think Life’s Good is the full form of LG, but Life’s Good is the tagline of the Company LG.
Full Form of LG
LG electronics deals in various range of products such as LG TV, Computers, Appliances, Air Conditioners and Mobile Phones.
LG company has about 130 subsidiaries and its branch offices all around the world with approximately 90,000 executives and employees. The Company’s 85 percent revenue come from outside Korea.
History of LG Company
The journey of the company LG is very inspiring and motivating for all of us, so here we will discuss the company journey in brief.
- LG was founded as Goldstar in 1958 and produced South Korea’s first radios, TVs, refrigerators, washing machines, and air conditioners.
- In 1995 Goldstar merged with Lucky Chemical and also acquired US based TV manufacturer company Zenith in same year and renamed as LG Electronics.
- And in the same year company made the world’s first CDMA digital mobile handset.
- In 1962, LG Electronics became the first Korean firm to export radios to the USA.
- In 1975, Company established its first Research and Development center.
- In 1978, it became the first Korean company to export US$100 million.
- In the year 1998, the Company made the world’s first 60 inch plasma TV.
- In 1999, the Company established a joint venture with philips – LG.Philips LCD and now LG display.
- In 2010, LG Electronics enter into the smartphone market.
Other Full form of LG
LG full form- The full form of LG is Lieutenant Governor. LG or Lieutenant Governor is the head and in-charge of Union Territories of India. Presently, this post available only in three union territories of India is Delhi, Puducherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands. And in other union territories Administrator are appointed.
LG and Governor of state have similar power and functions and both are appointed by the President of India. In fact, the power of LG are more vast than that of Governor of state.
Lieutenant governors are the only officials with specific duties and powers in two branches of state government:
- the executive and
- legislative branches.
Duration of Lt. Governor
The duration and time period of Lieutenant Governor in India are 5 Years. He/She are appointed by the President of India for the term 5 Years and could also be terminated by the President of India or can also resign from post.
Eligibility Criteria for Lt. Governor
The eligibility criteria for the post of LG are as follows:
- Person must be a Citizen of India.
- Person must have completed 35 Years of age.
- Person should not hold any other office of profit.
- He/She should not be a member of the House of Parliament or the house of state legislature.
List of Lieutenant Governor of India
|Union Territory||Lt. Governor|
|Andaman and Nicobar Island (UT)||Admiral D K Joshi (Lieutenant Governor)|
|Delhi (NCT)||Shri Anil Baijal (Lieutenant Governor)|
|Puducherry (UT)||Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan (Addl. Charge)|
|Chandigarh (UT)||Shri Banwarilal Purohit (Administrator)|
|Jammu and Kashmir (UT)||Shri Manoj Sinha|
|Ladakh (UT)||Shri Radha Krishna Mathur|
|Lakshadweep (UT)||Shri Praful Patel|
The full form of LG is Lieutenant Governor. Lt. Governor and administrator are appointed for union territories of India by the President of India. The duration of LG is 5 Years and can also be terminated by the President of India and can resign from the post. Lt.Governor play a very significant role in the development of union territories with wider power than that of Governor of state.