Full Form of IDBI
Industrial Development Bank of India
Hello Everyone, In this article we are going to discuss about full form of IDBI bank, IDBI bank headquarters,service offered by IDBI bank and others.
The full form of IDBI bank is Industrial Development Bank of India. It was Established in 1964 to provide financial facilities for the development of Indian industry.
IDBI bank is a Public sector bank with its headquarters in Mumbai.
Initially it was act as a subsidiary of the Reserve Bank of India.In 1976, the ownership of IDBI bank was transferred to the Government of India.
In the year 1995 the shareholding of Government from 100% came down to 75% because of public issue.
Some of the Institutions which has been built by IDBI are NSDL (National Securities Depository Services Ltd., NSE (National Stock Exchange) and SHCIL (Stock Holding Corporation of India).
Products and Service by IDBI bank
The product and services offered by IDBI bank are as follows:
Preferred Banking: Royale Account, Preferred Account, PowerPlus Account.
Savings Account: SuperSavings Account,Super Saving Plus Account, SuperShakti (Womens) Account, Jubilee Plus (Senior Citizens) Account, Being me account,Power kidz account, Small account,Sabka basic Saving account, Pension savings account etc.
Flexi Current Account
JIO Full Form: What is the Full Name of JIO
Corporate Payroll Account: Imperial Salary Account, Star Salary Account, Prime Salary Account, Pride Salary Account, Indian Army salary account, Indian Navy Salary accounts.
Fixed Deposit and Lockers: Freedom deposit, Recurring deposit etc.
Loans: Home Loan, Auto Loan, Personal Loan, Education Loan, Loan against securities etc.
Pradhanmantri Social Security Scheme
Cards: Credit Cards, Debit Cards, Prepaid Cards,Card offers, Debit card green pin generation and other information.
Pay Apt-Mobile Wallet
24 Hours Banking: Phone Banking, Mobile Banking, Internet Banking, Toll free (missed call) banking, Account Alerts, PatMate, mPassbook, PayWiz etc.
Trusteeship through ITSL
Sukanya Samridhi Account
The awards received by IDBI bank are as follows:
- IDBI Bank ranked #1197 in the Forbes Global 2000 in May 2013.
- In 2011 IDBI bank received the ‘Overall Best Bank’ and ‘Best Public Sector Bank’ awards in the Dun & Bradstreet Banking.
- And In 2011, it received Banking Technology awards for best use of Business Intelligence and the best Risk Management from Indian Banks Association.
IDBI Bank Regional Offices
Presently IDBI Bank has five regional offices which are as follows:
- Chennai and
Important Points about IDBI
- Established in 1964.
- Till 1976, Subsidiary of Reserve Bank of India.
- Separated from RBI in 1976.
- Headquarters of IDBI situated in Mumbai.
- IDBI has 5 regional offices and 21 branch offices.
- Tenth largest bank in the world.
- At present LIC(Life Corporation of India) holds a 51% stake in IDBI.
Comment for any Query