TVS Full Form
Thirukkurungudi Vengaram Sundram
Hello everyone, Here in this article we are going to discuss about TVS full form and some other interesting facts about TVS company.
TVS full form is Thirukkurungudi Vengaram Sundram. It was established by Thirukkurungudi Sundaram Iyengar. It is the 3rd largest two-wheeler manufacturing company in India with a revenue 20,000 crore (US$2.9 billion) in 2018-19.
The company has associated with annual production capacity of 4 million 2 wheelers & 120,000 3 wheelers. It’s headquarter situated in Chennai, Tamil Naidu, India. TVS is also the one the second largest company who export 60 other countries in the world. TVS deals in Motorcycles, scooters, three-wheeler vehicles and spare parts. TVS is also listed in stock exchange NSE (National stock exchange) and BSE(Bombay Stock Exchange).
History OF TVS
Thirukkurungudi Sundaram Iyengar start with Madurai’s first bus service in 1911 and founded T.V. Sundaram Iyengar and Sons Limited. He manages various buses under the name of Southern Roadways Limited.
Later when he died in 1955, his son manage and took the company ahead and registered TVS Motor Company Limited in 1978.
Manufacturing Locations of TVS
Currently company has four manufacturing locations are:
Three located in India
- Hosur in Tamil Nadu,
- Mysore in Karnataka and
- Nalagarh in Himachal Pradesh
And one in Indonesia at Karawang.
Vehicles by TVS Motors
Some of the recent vehicle by TVS motors are as follows:
- Motorcycles: Apache Series, Radeon, Victor, StaR City+, Sport
- Scooters: Ntorq, Jupiter, Wego, Scooty Zest 110, Scooty Pep +
- Mopeds: XL 100, XL 100 Comfort and XL 100 Heavy Duty, XL i-Touch start)
- Three wheelers: TVS King
- Highest in Customer Satisfaction
- Most Appealing Premium Motorcycle(TVS Apache RTR180)
- Highest Ranked Economy Motorcycle in Initial Quality (TVS StaR City +)
- Most Appealing Economy Motorcycle (TVS StaR City +)
- Most Appealing Executive Scooter (TVS Jupiter)
CII ITC Sustainability Awards 2012
TVS Motor Company Ltd is a winner of the CII ITC Sustainability Awards, 2012, Certificate of Commendation for Significant Achievement.
TVS Motor Company has been awarded with ‘Star Performer – Silver Shield’ in two/three wheeler class, by EEPC India, for wonderful export performance for the year 2007-08.
Comment for any Query