Indian rivers map pdf download: In India there are major seven rivers namely Indus, Brahmaputra, Narmada, Tapi, Godavari, Krishna and Mahanadi along with their various tributaries. As we all know, the rivers play an important role in our livelihood and support the system to survive and sustain.
The most important feature of the river is it helps in moving out the loose soil and creating channels in the ground. Generally rivers originate from the higher point of the particular area and its main sources of water are mountains, hills, rainfall etc.
Indian rivers map pdf
Indian rivers are classified on various aspects based on origin, topography and Basin.
Indian rivers based on topography are categorized into four categories: Himalayan rivers, Deccan rivers, Coastal rivers, and Rivers of the inland drainage basin.
Based on the origin it is classified as Himalayan rivers and Peninsular rivers.
And based on the basin formed it is classified as 7 river systems Indus River, Brahmaputra River, Tapi River System, Narmada River, Godavari River, Krishna River and Kaveri River system.
About indian rivers map pdf
Book Name – Indian rivers and dams map pdf
Importance of rivers
Indians Rivers play a very significant role in our ecosystem and help in the living of the people. Some of the importance of the rivers are as follows:
- It provide habitat and food to many of the earth’s organisms
- It helps in store the water and carry water and nutrients.
- It is useful to fertilize the soil and helps farmers to irrigate the soil in dry regions.
- River is an important source of energy.
Other useful books:
- Physical geography by savindra singh pdf
- Lucent GK General Knowledge book pdf
- Speedy railway book in english pdf
- Made easy general studies pdf
- Arihant GK book free download pdf
- Oxford Dictionary PDF Download English to Hindi
- Encyclopedia of general science arihant PDF
- GC Leong Geography Book Pdf Download
- Geography through maps by k siddhartha PDF
- Physical features of India class 9 PDF
Join ‘Telegram group’
Friends, if you need any E-Book PDF related to any topic or subjects and need any assistance and inquiry related to exams you can comment below. We will respond as soon as possible. And please don’t forget to share this post with your friends and on social media platforms.
Disclaimer: Sarkari Rush does not own books pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive. If any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us [email protected] to request removal of the link.
Comment for any feedback and query.