Delhi metro map pdf download: Delhi Metro is introduced in the National Capital Region (NCR) that is New Delhi and Delhi. Its aim is to provide reliable, affordable and quick transportation services to the people.
Delhi Metro runs in almost every part of Delhi thus it can be said that Delhi Metro is a Mass Rapid Transit (MRT). Delhi Metro is available in nearly all the areas which run throughout Delhi for quick and better transport facilities. In Delhi Metro Trains are available within 5 to 6 minutes on an average. In which minimum time between arrival of two Metro Trains is just 5 minutes and these trains have few station stops and cover less distance.
Delhi metro map pdf
While some Metro Trains which have longer routes are lengthy means have more wagons and their cycling period is about 10 minutes for another train of that particular category.
Metro Trains which travel shorter distances have four Wagons and trains with medium distance travel have six wagons and the last one is long distance traveling Metros have eight wagons which is maximum.
Thus we can understand the networking and connectivity of the areas is dominant through means of Metro Trains because Metros in Delhi covers more than 2700 trips and transport more than a million peoples to their destination.
History of Delhi Metro
DMRC(Delhi Metro Rail Corporation) started the initiative of Metro to the ground in 1998 and the inauguration of Metro from Station named Shahdara to Tees Hazari took place on 25 December 2002.
After this collective efforts of DMRC, State Government and Government of India brought drastic changes like Introduction of many other Metro Trains, Station points at different places, Underground Metro in posh areas, connectivity between Metros and Peoples.
The Chairman of Delhi Metros is Manoj Joshi and the Managing Director is Vikash Kumar as of now.
Its headquarter- Metro Bhawan which is in Barakhamba Road, Delhi
Connectivity of Metro
For Connectivity to different areas of Delhi and nearby lying areas Of Delhi like Noida, etc there is a nice networking.
Delhi Metro is divided into 10 lines in which each line has some significance which is stated one by one.
There is coloured strip of a single color on a single train which signifies the traveling routes of trains and also helps in determining the trains in the view of passengers.
- Grey Line Metro:- These Metros run between Dwarka and Dhasa Bus Stand and in between these two terminals there are 4 stations at which train stops.
- Green Line Metro:- These Metros run between Indralok Terminal to Hoshiyar Singh Terminal. Between these two terminals there are a total of 24 stops at stations.
- Red Line Metro:- These Metros run between Rithala and Saheed Sthal Terminus in which there are 29 stations through the journey at which Metro stops.
- Yellow Line Metro:- These Metros run between Samaypur Badli to City Center terminus. It is a long metro that’s why it covers longer distances.
- Magenta Line Metro:- These Metros run between Janakpuri west and Botanical Garden terminus and throughout the journey there are 25 stations at which train stops.
- Pink Line Metro:- These Metros run between Majlispar and Shiv Bihar and there are a total of 38 stations in between initial and Final destination at which train stops.
- Voilet Line Metro:- This metro runs between Kashmiri Gate to Raja Naha Singh Terminus and between these two terminals there are 38 stations at which the train stops for a while.
- Blue Line Metro:- This Metro runs between the border of Noida to Dwarka Sector 21 though it is a long path thus it has 50 stations in between initial and final destination. This metro has a second route also which is between Baisadi and Yamuna bank with 8 stations at which the train stops for a while.
- Orange Line Metro/Airport Express Line Metro:- This type of Metro is special because it has the highest number of stations between two points. Its initial point is New Delhi and Final destination is Dwarka Sector 21. This metro is specially designed after taking little inspiration from Aeroplanes because these Orange Line /Airport Express Metro offer seating facilities similar to Flights secondly the speed and overall experience seems like traveling in a flight.
Other Useful books:
- Oxford School Atlas PDF Download
- India map PDF download
- Indian rivers map PDF download
- Geography through maps by k siddhartha PDF
Disclaimer: Sarkari Rush does not own books pdf, neither created nor scanned. We just provide the link already available on the internet and in google drive. If any way it violates the law or has any issues then kindly mail us [email protected] to request removal of the link.
Comment for any feedback and query.