Hello Everyone, In this article we will discuss about full form of FDI, Benefits of FDI, Pros and cons of FDI and other.
The full form of FDI is Foreign Direct Investment. It is a process whereby residents of one Country acquire ownership of assets for the purpose of controlling the production, distribution and other activities of a firm in another country.
Full FORM of FDI: Foreign Direct Investment
FDI can also be defined as the direct investment of the company or individual in another country firm. FDI play a very significant role for a particular Country.
Suppose, if India ban FDI, then what will happen no foreign country will come here and invest, the result of that action will lead to the slow development of economy, we can’t gain new skills and technology that can result in improved efficiency.
There are several pros and cons of FDI. FDI also create competition for domestic firm by using the latest technology and machines.
Definition of FDI
IMF’s Balance of Payment manual defines FDI as an investment that is made to acquire a lasting interest in an enterprise operating in an economy other than that of an investor, the investor’s purpose being to have a voice in the management of the enterprise.
The United Nations(1999)World Investment Report(UNCTAD) defines FDI as an investment having involving long term relationship and reflecting a lasting interest and control of resident entity in one economy in an enterprise resident in an economy other than that of the foreign direct investor.
CCC Course Full Form, Eligibility, Apply Online
Forms Of FDI
There are mainly three forms of FDI which are as follows:
- Green Field Investment
- Merger and Acquisition
- Brown Field Investment.
Types Of FDI
The types of foreign direct investment which are as follows:
- Horizontal FDI
- Platform FDI
- Vertical FDI
JIO Full Form: What is the Full Name of JIO
Theories of FDI
There are various types of theories of FDI which are as follows:
- Mac Dougall-Kemp Hypothesis
- Industrial Organization Theory
- Currency Based Approaches
- Location –Specific Theory.
- Product Cycle Theory
- Political –Economic Theories
Benefits of FDI
- It helps in the development and improvement in economic growth.
- It helps to create employment opportunities.
- It also helps to gain new skills and technology.
- It helps in exchange and to bring foreign capital in the country.
- It leads to an increase in tax revenue and exports.
- It also helps in optimum utilization of resources.
TRP Full Form: What is Television Rating Point
FDI full form is Foreign Direct Investment. It is an investment in another company firms.As we know there are various pros and cons of every policies and plans, So FDI also have limitations and benefits. But at the last excess of everything is harmful and have a negative impact.
Other useful full form:
- SEO Full Form and Its Types
- NRI Full Form- Non-Resident Indian
- USB Full Form- Universal Serial Bus
- BDO Full Form and its work
- JIO Full Form: What is the Full Name of JIO
- FIR Full Form: What is the full form of FIR
- Full Form of UPI- Unified Payment Interface
- Full Form of PAN- Permanent Account Number
- TRP Full Form: What is Television Rating Point
Comment for any Query.