Nowadays every youngster in his life is questing for a secure position in a government job. In comparison to the fiscal competitiveness within the private sector, government jobs pay much better with less burden of responsibilities. The obsession with government jobs can be directly witnessed when millions of students or youngsters appear in entrance exams organized by any government Institution or organization just for a few number of vacancies.
Many government organizations release notifications every year to recruit freshers just after their graduation while others require even less qualifications. SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is one of the bodies that conducts various exams such as SSC CHSL, SSC JE, SSC CGL, SSC MTS, SSC CPO, SSC Stenographer etc. for different ministries. Preparation Could be done better with the help of SSC Stenographer Books and SSC CHSL Books that cover all the important topics and exam information.
SSC CHSL (Common Higher Secondary Level) and Stenographer exams are conducted by the Staff selection commission for those who have completed their higher secondary education from any recognized board or university. This exam is conducted for various posts for vacant positions in various ministries in India.
- Exam Frame for Stenographer Post:- The exam Pattern of SSC Stenographer is bifurcated into written test (Tier-I) and skill test (Tier-II).
- Tier-I:- The written exam incorporates MCQ (Multiple choice questions) based online computer test. This section of the exam includes 200 questions for which one mark is assigned to each question and for which 160 minutes are allotted. This segment is divided into three parts i.e. General knowledge, English Comprehension and General Reasoning and Intelligence. In association with that, there is a penalty of 25 mark for each wrong answer.
- Tier-II:- Aspirants who qualify Tier-I are called for a skill test. The Skill test consists testing of shorthand skills on shorthand notepad and which has to also be transcribed on the computer. This test is conducted in bilingual mode as aspirants can choose either language, i.e Hindi or English while filling the form. Stenographer Tier-II is conducted for Group C and Group D and has given different time slots to complete in the chosen language.
- Exam Frame of SSC-CHSL:- The Exam structure of SSC CHSL is echeloned in three sections.
- Tier-I: It is an online computer-based test which includes objective type multiple choice questions and conducted for 60 minutes. Along with 100 questions and 200 marks, this exam incorporates four sections Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Reasoning and General English. The surprise is that it consists of a penalty for each wrong answer
- Tier-II: this is an offline descriptive test section. The performance of this test is also considered in merit but does not impose any negative marking for the wrong answer. It incorporates essay and letter/application writing within one hour. The applicant can choose either language i.e. Hindi or English as Tier-II is conducted in bilingual mode.
- Tier-III: This last part of the exam integrates Data Entry Speed Test( DEST) and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). This skill Test is qualifying in nature and has to be completed within 15 minutes.
- The curriculum of Stenographer:- Section-wise syllabus of Stenographer of Tier-I could be deemed as below.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning:- This section integrates topics like Classification, Blood Relations, Analogy, Paper Folding Method, Matrix, Venn Diagram, Word Formation, Series etc.
- General Awareness:- This portion incorporates subject points such as Science, Important Schemes, Sports, Current Affairs, Books and Authors and General Knowledge on Indian History, Culture etc.
- English Comprehension:- The inclusion of this test is the determination of English literacy and consists of Fill in the Blanks, Phrases and Idioms, Sentence Correction, One-word Substitution, Phase replacement etc.
Tier-II of the exam is conducted for analysis of shorthand skill for which a passage of 800 to 1000 words has been given to aspirants. The passage includes topics such as President’s Speech, Railway Speech, Natural Calamities topics, Science and Technology topics etc.
- The curriculum of SSC-CHSL:- The syllabus of SSC CHSL is diversified in four sections and these sections should be learnt appropriately.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: To Test problem-solving skills this segment is introduced. It covers topics like Semantic Series, Problem-solving & Analysis, Word Building, Numerical Operations, Relationship concepts, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences etc.
- General Awareness: For the determination of surrounding awareness this section is included and Some subjects from this part are History, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economy, Biology, Scientific Research, Culture etc.
- Arithmetic Aptitude: The incorporated subjects of this portion of the exam are Fractions and Decimals, tangents, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Interest, Profit and Loss, Right Prism, Time & Work, Bar diagram & Pie chart etc.
- English Language and Comprehension: This section comprises for testing of skills like correct usage of grammar, vocabulary and covers subjects Synonyms, Sentence Completion, Spotting Errors, Cloze Passage, Sentence improvement, Idioms & Phrases, Spelling Test, Active/ Passive Voice, Shuffling of Sentences, etc.
Useful books for SSC Exams:
- SSC English by A.K. Singh download PDF MB Publication
- Word power made easy by Norman Lewis Download PDF
- Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal PDF
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma PDF
- Reasoning PDF download Kiran SSC reasoning in Hindi
- Lucent’s General English book by A.K Thakur PDF
- Arihant Objective General English book by SP Bakshi PDF
- Samanya Gyan PDF 20000+MCQ’s in Hindi download
- Quantitative Aptitude book by RS Aggarwal download pdf
- Computer MCQ book PDF by Upkar Publication
- Lucent’s General Science Book PDF
Comment for any feedback and query.